Thursday, September 10, 2009

At last my first post!  It seems to have taken me forever to get this far but at least it is a start!  Spring has certainly sprung up here in the Far North. We have a nesting pair of  beautiful Sunbirds on our verandah and today their babies were putting their little heads out of the nest all ready to take off and will probably be off and away by the weekend.  They are the dearest little birds and wonderful parents to their babies.  We have been lucky to have them nest at our place on a regular basis over the years.
 


 
Fingers crossed their babies do well and fly fast because there are some very hungry Butcher birds around at the moment too!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds Robyn...I gather the handsome one on the left is the male, showing off as usual! LOL!
    Glad to see you finally have taken the plunge.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and I hope you have a blast with your new blog! I look forward to all you upcoming posts and bear pictures! Chun Hua is gorgeous and I can't wait to see more!
    Bear Hugs,
    Tomi
    Bramblwood Bears

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments and encouragement, I have really appreciated your support. I will probably stumble around a bit until I get the hang of it all but so far I've enjoyed getting started.
    Beary hugs,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robyn ,
    This is such a beautiful blog entry ; a brilliant start ! What gorgeous little birds - I'd love to hear more about them ; I find everything in your part of the world sooo fascinating :0)
    I'll add your blog link on to mine .... oh , and I'll email you about our swap later .... just "getting over" having just done Hugglets at the moment !!
    Beary Good Wishes ,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful bird pics Robyn.Great to see you've finally got started on the blog - wasn't so bad after all was it???

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and love reading them. Thank you for coming by and visiting my blog.
Beary hugs,
Robyn.